Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Recipe Exchange






Every week I read Little House on the Prairie Living's Old Fashioned Recipe Exchange. I love the ideas I get for making my own meals for the family. Sometimes it's a one-off, something I decide to try just because it sounds good, and more often, I'll grab a recipe that becomes a new favorite for the family. This week's exchange was yesterday and I missed it because I was busy with other things (like getting my press kit for my upcoming review of Rachel Held Evans' book A Year of Biblical Womanhood!). Now I'm getting caught up, and I just had to post!

I included my dilled green tomatoes and ham and bean soup (links below). I ran into several things I want to try out! From soft pretzel rolls to grouse in garlic butter, my mouth was watering. Have a peek, and maybe leave a recipe of your own behind for the rest of us to share!

Check back often for information on canning, preserving, general homesteading and more. If you have questions or comments, please write to me below. I love to answer questions! You can follow the blog via Network Blogs and Google Friend Connect (see the left hand column for the button). If you purchase items I have linked through Amazon or the ads on my site, I receive an affiliate portion of the sale. If you find the items are useful, please purchase from my site!
 
You may also be interested in:

Making dilled green tomatoes
Ham and Bean soup
Learning at the Freehold
The Fall and Winter Update, 2012
Making your own fire starters

No comments:

Post a Comment