Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Day One - Exodus

No, not a religious title. Well, not Biblical anyhow. We're moving to a new place within the next four months, and with luck it'll be the place I posted about previously. Keep your thoughts on the gods for us, please.

Lately, we received notice from our realtor that we need to prepare the house we're currently in to be assessed. Now you might not think that's such a difficult thing. However, what if other people living in the house are not helpful? What if, in fact, they seem to be doing things that go counter to the cleanliness aspect? What if they're actually doing stuff that appears to be detrimental?

Yes, well... I have a lot of work to do. Sis works full time. Gray is working full time currently, though he's working from home and taking what time he can to schlep boxes for me. I'm the only one left. I'm beginning to see a pattern here... I find us a new house, then do a lot of the packing because I'm the one home (not an unreasonable thing, really), and then I do most of the unpacking because I'm the one home. The problem isn't that I am doing these things... it's the assumption on other people's parts that really gets me. If someone had just said, "Hey Ally, we have to get this done quick. You're great at this stuff - please help get it all done in time?" I could have handled that. I just sort of resent the assumption.

Even that, though, would be alright I suppose. I expected to be doing most of the packing, both because I'm home and because I'm pretty good at it. The problem is that a) I'm sick and on antibiotics that leave me feeling like dog puckies, and b) I have about 10 days, tops, to get it done.

Yeah.

I figured I'd aim for a room a day. I just have to get "most things" packed, not everything. Day to day use items like toothbrushes and clothing and well-loved children's toys are allowed to be left unpacked. But I have to get the rest of it done in a little more than a week... plus clean the house. Without the positive appraisal, we're stuck here, and have basically been told that the other half of the financial partnership is not only willing but *has plans* to abandon ship and leave us here, ruining their own credit but doing so in order to also ruin ours.

Yeah.

It's been a long day. I'm pretty messed up physically and emotionally right now. I think I'll go have a minor breakdown.

No comments:

Post a Comment