Friday, March 1, 2013

New life!

Snap peas!
Yay, new life on the freehold! Of the six snap peas I planted, five have already sprung out of the dirt. These three were the most happy ones, though, so I'm sharing their picture. Look at those pale green heads! The scent of dirt and fresh plants is so strong in the mini greenhouses that I just want to snort it all up.

Chives!
If you look closely, you can see the feathery start of the chive plants, too. They're the first of the few things we planted on Sunday, and it's so exciting to see them rearing their beautiful little heads.

Today's weather seems to bode well for upcoming springtime, too. It isn't warm, per se, but it is in the low 40s, and all the snow is melting. There's slush and dirty run-off everywhere. I'm sure the basement is soaked by now, as it happens every spring.

Still, I don't care. I have seedlings springing up, and there's warmth in the air that wasn't there before. Yay for gardens!

Shared at the Backyard Farming Connection Hop #22.

Check back often for information on canning, preserving, general homesteading and more. If you have questions or comments, please write to me below. I love to answer questions! You can follow the blog via Network Blogs and Google Friend Connect (see the left hand column for the button). If you purchase items I have linked through Amazon or the ads on my site, I receive an affiliate portion of the sale. If you find the items are useful, please purchase from my site! 
 
You may also be interested in:

Keeping warm
Quick pesto'd pasta with oysters
A good weekend's work
Making and using greenhouses
Busy day round-up

No comments:

Post a Comment